Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Seven Minutes

In the midst of hours of studying, I regularly take breaks and walk the short 7 minutes down to the beach. It's good for my mind, my heart, my well being. Especially considering that I am paying entirely too much in rent in order to have this one luxury for myself - at least while I am in school. What I have realized is how easily and quickly we take things for granted. As much as I am so happy and feel blessed each and every day to live where I do, every once in a while, a day can and does go by where I have not used those 7 minutes to bring me amazing happiness. It's like so much else, it's right there so, we tend to ignore it, right? It'll be there when we need it.
What dawns on me is that this is exactly how we have created the mess our oceans are in - they've always been there, always provided for us, and always will. Or so we thought. So, tonight, I will use the seven minutes that I didn't use to go to the shore today and contemplate just what's going on.

Over and out
sb

No comments:

Post a Comment